The SureFire SFMB-338-5/8-24 muzzle brake is designed to suit 8.60 mm (.338 caliber) rifles with 5/8-24 muzzle threads. The three neutral blast ports greatly reduce both recoil impulse and muzzle rise through Surefires patented Impulse Diffusion design which minimizes side blast and rear-directed concussion effects.
The Surefire SFMB-338-5/8x24 Muzzle Brake is precision machined from US mill-certified heat-treated stainless steel bar stock, with high-precision single-point cut threads for optimum thread interface the SFMB-338-5/8-24 muzzle brake is finished in a black Ionbond DLC coating to provide maximum protection under harsh environmental conditions and to facilitate ease of cleaning even after extreme use.
- Delivers greatly reduced recoil impulse and muzzle rise and features neutral porting that loads bi-pod legs evenly
- Multiple bearing surfaces for superior suppressor alignment
- Precision machined from US mill-certified heat-treated stainless steel bar stock
- High-precision single-point cut barrel threads for optimum thread interface
- Inspected for all critical dimensions including concentricity and alignment
- Black Ionbond DLC coating provides maximum protection against harsh environmental conditions and facilitates cleaning after extreme use
- Serves as rock-solid mounting adapter for SureFire SOCOM Series sound suppressors
- Labyrinth seals prevent carbon buildup on suppressor lock ring indexing system
The SFMB-338-5/8-24 also serves as a rock-solid mounting adapter for .338 caliber SureFire SOCOM Series Fast-Attach® suppressors.
When used in conjunction with a SOCOM Series suppressor, the patent-pending design of the SFMB-338-5/8-24 provides multiple bearing surfaces to ensure superior suppressor alignment. A rear labyrinth seal minimizes potential carbon buildup in the indexing system and facilitates suppressor removal after extended firing.
SureFire muzzle brakes are individually inspected for concentricity and alignment, and each is covered by SureFire’s No-Hassle Guarantee.